NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
DATE: October 17, 2017
JOB TITLE: Assembler
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – First Shift
Under the direction of and reports to: Paint/Assembly/Shipping Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedure, and as assigned by the supervisor, perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Study drawings and determine proper assembly or crating sequence. Check for availability of needed components, ensure components are as required per blueprint, and assemble a wide variety of more complex assemblies, making necessary adjustments to ensure proper and smooth operation. Use a variety of hand and power tools, and test run product as required.
- Responsible for inspecting your own work. At minimum, must inspect the set-up piece and the last piece made on the order.
- As required, operate overhead hoist, observing all safety rules and regulations.
- Check assembled or crated product for proper operation and protection from damage and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- When working on larger and more complex assignments, direct the activities of any help that may be provided.
- Cut lumber and build crates per specifications.
- Observe all Corporate safety rules and regulations. Follow departmental procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, sweeping as necessary.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 6-8 hours and sit 1-4 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, occasionally pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally use foot/feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Light Heavy Work, lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for occasional activities for this job description:
- Safety goggles or face shield (as required).
- Hearing protection (as needed).
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Attn: Human Resources
917 Business 141
Pound, WI 54161-0007
PH: (920) 897-2251
FAX: (920) 897-3215