NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
DATE: January 16, 2018
JOB TITLE: Cost Accountant
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – First Shift
PAY RANGE: Salary
Under the direction of and reports to: VP of Finance
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for making sure the computerized Bills of Material records are the same as the prints. As Bills of Material are created or changed by Engineering or Production personnel, verify that the changes have been entered correctly.
- Perform job cost reviews, which entails looking for missing job costs. If costs are missing, investigate, build costs into the computer system, and roll up.
- Responsible for current labor rates, fixed burden rates, and variable burden percentages calculated by General Accounting being kept current in the Costing Tables.
- Insure that a “standard” exists for every routing in the computer system. Continually be on the alert for incorrect standards.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date records of all the latest costs by monitoring the computer through variance and audit reports.
- When all variance and audit reports are corrected, perform a Cost Roll-up to create accurate cost for each part number in the system. (Performed the last weekend before month end).
- With all the current costs available, establish and maintain list prices on each new salable part or unit.
- Work with Management and the Sales Department in evaluating Patz prices to insure that Patz stays competitive in the market place.
- Work with Management to determine if and when price increases are necessary and the amount of increase. Prepare new printed sales manuals and parts price lists. Notify the Sales Department when there is to be a price change so they can notify Patz Dealers and District Managers.
- Review all Engineering change orders to see how they affect the cost of the product or part and determine if a price adjustment is necessary to protect our profit percentage.
- Make manufacturing recommendations to Engineering for alternative processes and routings to provide the most cost efficient and yet highest quality product possible.
- Keep abreast of various Patz dealer discounts and District Manager commissions, and maintain accurately in the computer.
- Adjust last costs as needed for VMI items and items purchased with a credit card.
- Adjust “Authorized Outside Processors” cost as needed.
- Adjust last cost for items with overseas shipping cost and wire transfer cost.
- Keep confidential costs, markup schedules, and all other related information from any unauthorized personnel.
- Review jobs, on the exception report, that are not closed but should be. Close jobs manually, if appropriate.
- Review the Work In Process computer generated report for obvious errors and also prepare the monthly Work in Process summary report at month end.
- Prepare monthly Inventory Summary reports in several different presentation formats, ranging from detailed to summarized at month end.
- Work with Engineering in costing and pricing prototypes and other new projects.
- Price Agricultural and Industrial quotes as requested.
- Gather information and prepare chart for Hot/Cold Rolled Steel.
- Update “Paintcost.123” Report as Paint Costs Change.
- Work with Contract Manufacturing Dept. To provide accurate costing information.
- Responsible for running the following “on demand” reports:
|Gross Profit Report
Shows list, cost, discounts, commissions, gross profit and gross profit percentage.
|Parts vs. Units Report
Shows if the parts can be purchased cheaper than units.
|Non-Salable Parts w/Prices
||Shows parts that should have list price removed.
|Cost of Inventory (Month End)
||Shows value of inventory for each warehouse.
|Routing Exception Report
||Shows if there is a missing standard.
|Missing Cost Report
||Shows if costs are missing.
|Missing Routings Flags
||Shows if routing flags are missing.
|SRQ and Routings Check
||Shows missing SRQ’s and/or routings.
|Incorrect Net Flag Report
|| Shows items with incorrect net flags.
|Run the “Standard Routings Update/Report” as needed
||Averages routing times based on history. Updates routings and unreleased shop orders.
|Run the “Update SRQ” Report (Upon request of Vice President of Finance, create other inventory, parts or costing reports.)
||Changes SRP’s based on history.
- Create & maintain routings & standards for all Patz products.
- Coordinate all Jig, Fixture & Tooling requirements.
- Review the Excess Inventory Analysis report on a monthly
- Review the Routing Entry Error Check List on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate the conversion of Laser Prints.
- Keep informed of new cost accounting methods and procedures by attending seminars, perusal of texts, papers and periodicals.
- Responsible for all other various duties related to Cost Accounting.
A/P Assistance: Provide the following assistance on a weekly basis to the Accounting Department:
- Maintain files and records pertaining to the accounts payable function in both a computer and conventional filing system.
- Prepares suppliers’ invoices for payment by matching receipt documents, packing slips and purchase order information. Obtains invoice approval from the appropriate buyer when discrepancies are detected.
- Complete weekly batch by printing checks and matching invoices thereto.
- Submit A/P Positive Pay file to the bank upon completion of weekly check batch.
- Process on-demand checks and disburse petty cash funds, when necessary.
- Assists others in locating invoices and other supporting documentation, as needed.
- Error detection skills are essential and must be utilized at all times. Errors should be brought to the attention of the Corporate Accountant and/or other Company supervisors regarding the proper account number and department number usage.
- Work is subject to verification.
- Must be capable of performing other office related duties in addition to the accounts payable functions as assigned, including special projects requested by the Corporate Accountant.
- Provide Administrative assistance and help with special projects as requested by Vice President of Finance:
- Maintain and oversee the corporate credit cards for all employees. Distribute Credit Card statements to cardholders, reconcile credit card accounts and initiate on-line payment on a monthly basis.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred. Special courses in cost accounting and technical subjects such as blueprint reading, shop practices, etc. are beneficial.
- Solid mathematical background.
- Three or more years of experience desirable to obtain the necessary background in cost accounting procedures and related technical aspects to assume responsibilities of supervising cost development.
- Must possess skills in typing, data entry and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience working in accounts payable a plus.
- Tact, above average communication skills, and an ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to vendors and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours and sit 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing and pulling, and occasionally fine manipulation.
- Must frequently bend and twist, and occasionally squat and reach.
- Must perform Light Work, lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree or when it involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
- Must work with Company personnel and outside vendors in a professional manner.
- Located in a medium sized office with a moderate amount of noise and distractions.
- Operates office machines such as calculators, personal computer, typewriter, shredder, and check signer.
- Maintain information integrity and confidentiality standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Attn: Human Resources
917 Business 141
Pound, WI 54161-0007
PH: (920) 897-2251
FAX: (920) 897-3215