With the late start to spring this year, hopefully the extra time was used to double and triple check machinery before taking it out for use. There are a few things that should always be examined before bringing out machinery that has been sitting all winter. In case you missed a step, or missed maintenance altogether, check out the quick list below.
- Observe fluid levels and cleanliness
- Look at hoses and belting for signs of wear or cracking
- Check the steering, wheels, brakes, and gearbox for proper alignment and operation
- Make sure the exhaust system isn’t blocked by small animal nests or debris
- Examine tire treads and tire pressure
- Inspect machine to make sure all safety shields and guards are in place
- Check safety signage, lights, and directional for travelling on roadways
Want more information on vertical mixer maintenance? Click here.
“Farm Maintenance Checklists for Spring.” HobbyFarms.com
“Machinery Maintenance for Energy Efficiency.” Extension.com