DATE: September 29, 2017
JOB TITLE: Territory Manager/OEM Sales
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – First Shift
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements may apply through their immediate supervisor.
Under the direction of and reports to: Sales Manager
- Is responsible and accountable to manage the sales activities and market development of specific agricultural, industrial and O.E.M. (Original Equipment Manufacturers) account customers and markets as assigned by performing the following essential job duties:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals of markets as assigned.
- Provides support and services to in house districts, dealers, Industrial/ Agricultural O.E.M.’s and direct sales customers as assigned.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs and leads customer training programs to develop markets to increase sales of products.
- Advises dealers, O.E.M.’s, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate sales goals and assist customers in promoting sales.
- Represents company at various trade association meetings or trade shows to promote products.
- Coordinates all activities involved in the planning, implementation and post-show follow-up of various trade shows as assigned by Supervisor.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with dealers, O.E.M.’s and end customers.
- Meets with dealers and O.E.M.’s, assisting with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals with key clients.
- Coordinates with other department personnel on various product issues, sales leads and/or distribution network concerns.
- Controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion in markets as assigned.
- Assists in new product development projects or in the development of new markets for all products.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Follows up on inquiries and leads from potential contacts made via Corporate website, e-mail, trade shows and/or other trade connections.
- Must possess the stamina needed for extended road and air travel. Extensive travel is required at times estimated about 1 to 3 weeks per month out of the office for travel to meet with new or existing customers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be a professional business person possessing strong leadership qualities and maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- An exceptional interpersonal skill with all company associates is necessary.
- Must possess excellent computer skills to proficiently execute tasks involving; Internet navigation, spreadsheet compilations, word processing programs, electronic presentations, etc.
- Must be a good steward of company assets and maintain modest control of expenses at all times.
- Authorized to approve expenditures up to $1,000, without prior immediate supervisor approval.
- Position will be based out of our main office located in Pound, Wisconsin.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/business is required.
- 5-8 years sales or marketing related experience preferred.
- Agricultural and Industrial sales background and/or education very beneficial and is preferred for this position.
- Knowledge of international marketing is beneficial.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours, and sit 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, and occasionally pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Medium Work, lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Usual work is in an office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in an industrial, shop environment or on a farm, etc. with accompanying weather and environmental conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (Material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (Chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (As needed).
- Hard hat (Where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (As required).
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.