JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Assistant (Part-Time)
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: $14.00 – $25.75 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 74 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment. Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, your first year of employment. Up to 6% 401k match, Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Corporate Accountant
Completes the entire accounts payable processing cycle using the computer system. This encompasses matching invoices to packing skips, invoice/voucher data entry, editing, printing and mailing of vendor checks and filing. Emphasis placed on: (1) timeliness, to ensure taking all discounts available, and (2) accuracy. Provides assistance to the VP of Finance, as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain files and records pertaining to the accounts payable function in both a computer and conventional filing system.
- Prepare suppliers’ invoices for payment by attaching packing slips and verifying information.
Present invoices and packing slips to the appropriate buyer for approval or vendor follow-up when discrepancies (quantity mismatch, rejects, etc.) are detected.
- Complete weekly batch by printing checks and matching invoices thereto.
- Submit A/P Positive Pay file to the bank upon completion and approval of check batch.
- Disburse petty cash funds, when necessary.
- Initiate approved wire transfers and ACH payments to vendors, as needed.
- Monitor payment of the Corporate Insurance policies.
- Process daily deposit using on-line Desktop Deposit System.
- Assists others with locating paid invoices and other supporting documentation, as needed.
- Must work with Company personnel and outside vendors in a professional manner.
- Error detection skills are essential and must be utilized at all times. Errors should be brought to the attention of the Corporate Accountant and/or other Company supervisors regarding the proper account number and department number usage.
- Must be capable and willing to perform other office related duties and projects, as assigned.
- Work is subject to verification.
- Maintain and oversee corporate credit cards for all employees. Distribute monthly Credit Card
statements to cardholders for review and approval, reconcile credit card accounts, and
initiate monthly on-line payment. Communicate with Credit Card Company as needed to address user issues.
- Update the Vendor Certificate of Insurance List & Certificate Holders List.
- Update the “Economic Indicators Chart” (semi-monthly).
- Maintain various corporate accounts on behalf of the finance department, including
Corporate Vehicles I-Pass Account, Corporation Annual Reports, Dun & Bradstreet,
Wall Street Journal subscription, AAA Accounts, and others as assigned.
- Assist with filing and locating legal documents and related materials regarding:
Company Patents, trademarks and copyrights; various agreements and contracts, and so on.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Must possess skills in keyboarding, data entry and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working in accounts payable is required.
- Tact, above average communication skills, and an ability to work effectively with other employees.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to vendors and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format.
- In an 8-hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours, sit 4-8 hours, and drive 0-1 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement, single grasping, occasionally pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must frequently bend and twist, and occasionally squat and reach.
- Must perform sedentary work, with occasional lifting and/or carrying of such articles as storage boxes and other office items weighing up to 25 pounds. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is necessary in carrying out job duties.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in an office with a minimal amount of noise and occasional distractions.
- Operates office machines such as a calculator, computer, copier, shredder, and check signer.
- Maintain information integrity and confidentiality standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety Glasses with side shields.
Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 firstname.lastname@example.org