JOB TITLE: Assembly Coordinator
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $27.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 73 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Paint/Assembly/Shipping Supervisor
- As assigned by your supervisor, direct and coordinate the activities of the Assembly Department in accordance to established procedure and written or verbal instructions to perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Assembly Department.
- Ensure that all work is being performed according to the priority schedule set by the Production
- Control Department and/or supervisor.
- Ensure that all work is being performed in a safe manner and that all safety practices are followed according to corporate safety policies.
- Ensure that all work performed meets corporate quality standards
- Ensure that all work performed meets corporate productivity standards.
- Take corrective action if safety, quality, or productivity standards are not met by training or assisting department employees, meeting with other departments and staff, changing or improving processes, etc.
- Reject any products that are not conforming to standards and determine the disposition of products. If products are to be scrapped, contact Production Control to determine if parts need to be replaced.
- Train new employees to assure they have a clear understanding of their job duties and have the proper level of understanding to work safely and produce quality work efficiently. Such as:
- How to properly read a blueprint and assemble product per specifications
- Proper use of hand and power tools
- How to complete computer transactions as it relates to specific jobs
- How to recognize quality issues and take measures to correct them
Essential Job Duties (Continued):
- Oversee crating room operations.
- Ensure that all product is properly identified and transported to the proper areas within the plant and that all data collection and paperwork is completed accurately.
- Notify the Maintenance Department of machine breakdowns and lockout/tagout unsafe machinery.
- Know how to react in an emergency by being familiar with the corporation’s Contingency Plan.
- Assist in moving equipment, product, and parts and set up jobs work centers.
- Must have a valid forklift license and have training in operating overhead cranes.
- In supervisor’s absence, perform data collection and attendance functions.
- Make sure no unauthorized people are in the department.
- Complete injury reports as required and ensure first aid is given as needed.
- Perform audits as required.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- High school or vocational graduate.
- Knowledge in manufacturing and assembly activities is required.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential.
- In an 8-hour day the employee must stand/walk 6-8 hours, sit and drive 1-4 hours.
- Must occasionally use hand(s) for repetitive movement such as grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally use foot/feet for repetitive movement such as operating foot controls.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Light Heavy Work, lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in a factory setting with a large amount of noise and distractions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields
- Steel shoe shoes
- Long work pants
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Safety goggles or face shield (as required)
- Hearing protection (as needed)
- Protective gloves (material handling)
- Hardhat (where overhead hazards exist)
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 firstname.lastname@example.org