JOB TITLE: Cost Estimator
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $29.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For over 72 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: VP of Engineering & Contract Manufacturing
- Accountable for accurately estimating the cost of manufacturing, calculating list prices, supplying quotations to customers and interacting with customers as required.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Able to communicate with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Able to use all necessary computer based programs to produce accurate cost estimates, maintain proper markups, create quote proposals, enter orders, track the progress of orders and follow through until orders have shipped.
- Understand manufacturing processes and concepts to be able to route product through our manufacturing plant in the most effective way.
- Understand common manufacturing materials including raw steel, standard parts, paint, etc.
- Understand and estimate the cost of tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Able to initiate and follow through with the outsourcing process when manufacturing does not have the capacity to produce an order in house. This will be performed under the general direction of the Purchasing and Production Control departments.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Perform all work in accordance to standard materials management procedures.
- Maintain computer based records on all customer accounts.
- Assist manufacturing with problems related to blueprints, item master, routing and bill-of material records.
- Able to understand, trouble shoot and find solutions to problems relayed from customers.
- Review actual costs before requoting a product.
- Work under the direction of and perform all duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-3 years cost estimating experience is beneficial for this position.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and concepts.
- Skilled in accurately estimating cost with good mathematical skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with customers and all company associates are necessary.
- Knowledge of computer based tools.
- Shows initiative and is goal driven.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to perform this job.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours, and sit 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, and occasionally pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and frequently reach.
- Must perform Light Work, lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree or when it involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in a shop environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields (required at all times in all manufacturing areas).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (Material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (Chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (As needed).
- Hard hat (Where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (As required).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com