JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Salaried. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For over 72 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Vice President of Finance
- Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resource activities, such as: employment, compensation, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Also, responsible for the preparation of payroll and the administration and coordination of the company’s employee benefit programs.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential HR Job Duties:
- Responsible directly to the VP of Finance for the administration and compliance of the Affirmative Action Employment Program.
- Assist Management in planning and formulating long and short range objectives and goals, operating employee relations policies and programs, and responsible for coordinating and implementing decisions and programs effectively.
- Responsible for recruitment, testing, placement, orientation, transfer, promotion, job reclassification, annual performance evaluations of hourly employees, annual performance of salaried employees, layoff, recall, termination of shop and office personnel. Advise and assist department heads in the recruitment of specialized professional personnel such as district managers, engineers, etc.
- Review personnel and safety policies/practices for compliance with federal, state and local laws/regulations governing employment and, when required, appear and testify on the Corporations behalf on cases legally pursued.
- Responsible for employee personnel records.
- Provides human resources expertise and assistance to bring about favorable resolution of employee disputes.
- Listens to employee problems and provides feedback to functional managers to ensure corrective action is taken.
- Analyze current personnel policies/practices.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
Essential HR Job Duties Continued:
- Represents the corporation in civic and safety related associations and other organizations by maintaining membership and/or attending meetings as approved by corporate management.
- Responsible for the HR department’s operating procedures, record systems and the preparation of periodic reports and summaries to keep management apprised of activities.
- Through contacts with educational institutions, seminars and professional societies and organizations, keep abreast of new developments related to personnel administration. Become familiar with legislation to assess industry trends.
- Assist the corporate officers in conducting specialized assignments.
- Answers routine inquiries from inside and outside the company on employment verifications, benefits claims processing, and job openings in line with written company policy on these matters. Maintains correspondence to and from applicants. Responsible for testing new applicants.
- Organize, maintain, and assume custodial responsibilities for office files, records, and documents. This includes assigning new employees a number and setting up files.
- Process and check all paperwork pertaining to employee transfers, change in job classifications, and increases (six-month increases), and enters Payroll data after proper signatures are attained.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Examines employee files to answer inquires and provides information to authorized persons.
- Record employee information such as personal data, compensation, attendance, and termination dates and reason.
- Assemble performance review packets or evaluations.
- Maintain employment resumes, application forms, and applicant flow logs in line with company policy.
- Place job orders with state job service and classified advertisements in local newspapers, and agencies.
- Maintain job description files.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Designs personnel forms and directs the maintenance of personnel records by all departments.
- Proposes, publishes, and administers personnel policies.
- Administers classification programs, which include classifying and reclassifying positions, and writing job descriptions.
- Provides public information such as employment verifications.
- Rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, conducts new employee orientations; employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Coordinates and participates in diversity and sexual harassment awareness training
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
Essential HR Job Duties Continued:
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human Resources function, (e.g., OSHA, EEO, and Wage & Hour).
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Approves recommendations for terminations.
- Establishes standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures.
- Establishes in-house management training programs that address company needs.
- Interacts with Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, training specialists, labor counsel, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep top management informed of new developments.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of department.
- Keeps supervisors informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives.
- Affiliation with successful companies who practice effective Human Resources Management.
- Supervise and coordinate employee services activities, such as pre-employment physical examination, substance abuse program, corporate handbooks, leaves of absence, vending services, etc.
Corporate Insurance Job Duties:
- Responsible directly to the VP of Finance for the coordination of corporate insurance, which will include, but not limited to the following coverage: 1) Worker’s Compensation
2) General Liability 3) Property 4) Auto Liability 5) Auto Physical Damage 6) Products Liability 7) Crime 8) Foreign
- Negotiate services and renewal premium rates to obtain the best coverage possible for the best premium rates possible and bring a recommendation to the VP of Finance.
- Set up tours of properties and accompany representatives of Patz and the underwriters to act as liaison between them.
- Check policies to be certain the services agreed upon are reflected in the actual policies
- Responsible for understanding the demands of captive insurance groups and maintaining appropriate compliance with those demands
- Responsible for handling all insurance claim administration from notification to carriers to receipt of check
- Assist with bonding procedures if required
- Assist VP of Finance in maintaining general corporate insurance: responsibilities may include, but are not limited to renewal processing, reporting claims or changes in coverage, and collecting premium refunds.
- Report Worker’s Compensation Claims – responsible for gathering information on injuries and reporting the information to our TPA online.
Essential Job Duties related to Payroll / Insurance:
- Preparation of the weekly hourly payroll and biweekly salaried payroll in accordance with policies, directives and controls.
- Compile, tabulate and compute statistical and other payroll data to include hourly rates, overtime and shift premiums, authorized and mandatory deductions, paycheck and direct deposit preparation and distribution procedures.
- Investigate and resolve errors in basic data and computation claims made by employees as to shortages.
- Maintain confidential payroll records and data relative to salaries of the employees (both computerized and manual).
Essential Job Duties related to Payroll / Insurance continued:
- Coordinate and administer procedures such as vacation schedules, leaves of absences, wage and salary adjustments, deductions, attendance, etc.
- Administer and coordinate the following employee benefit programs: health, life, short & long term disability, dental, and cancer insurance; Credit Union programs, direct deposit program, and prescription drug program.
- Administer and maintain records for the continuation coverage for terminated employees (COBRA).
- Prepare various payroll related reports for a variety of people.
- Responsible for the monthly insurance payments and review of these programs: health, life, cancer, dental and prescription.
- Prepare monthly Health Care and Insurance Costs report for the VP of Finance.
- Prepare monthly overtime report for the corporate officers.
- Consult with Information Technology personnel as needed regarding special programming of data through the use of computer files to obtain necessary summary data for departmental or officer use.
- Organize and maintain files, records and reports having to do with Payroll and Employee Insurance function.
- Assist with special projects as may be assigned by the Vice President of Finance and/or Corporate Accountant.
- Work and procedures are subject to audit and verification.
- Maintain information integrity and confidentiality standards. Observe all Corporate policies, safety rules, and regulations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Administer the necessary warnings, and disciplinary action of employees in violation of corporate policies, operating practices, and procedures relative to health, safety, security, insurance, and mandatory regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Personnel Administration, including courses in industrial management, psychology, occupational health and safety. Education requirement may be waived with experience consideration.
- Three to five years’ work experience, including time in preparatory positions in personnel administration to acquire the knowledge and background necessary to assume responsibility for and effectively administer this function.
- Two to three years’ experience in payroll and preparatory accounting work required to acquire sufficient background in systems and procedures, accuracy and proficiency to assume supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be regarded by the functional managers/supervisors as a qualified consultant in Human Resources procedures.
- Should be regarded by employees as someone who can help them solve problems within the division’s work structure and who can find answers to their benefits questions.
- HRCI Certification preferred, and current drivers’ license required.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administrations; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management; knowledge of the organization; ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments; ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special
requirements of the company; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must have knowledge of human resources policies and procedures and advise and counsel given supervisors and managers must be consistent with the human resources philosophy and running rules.
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Excellent writing and personal leadership skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Results and people oriented but have sound judgment-ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- In an 8-hour day the employee must stand/walk and sit 1-4 hours.
- Must occasionally use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing and pulling, and frequently fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb and frequently reach.
- Must perform Sedentary Work, lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne articles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Typically, the employee performs his or her duties in an office setting.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields required at all times in all manufacturing areas.
- Observe all Corporate policies, safety rules and regulations.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Patz Corporation PH: (920) 897-9227
Attn: Human Resources FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com