JOB TITLE: Machinist
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: $19.50 – 29.50 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 75 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment. Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package including, but not limited to two weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, your first year of employment. Up to 6% 401k match, Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Machining/Fabricating Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedure, and as assigned by the supervisor or coordinator, perform a variety of duties.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop CNC and NC programs from complex and involved sectionalized part drawings for those jobs to be run on the NC and CNC equipment; set up NC and CNC equipment to perform those jobs programmed to meet satisfactory manufacturing tolerances and production standards.
- Working with minimum supervision from complex and involved sectionalized part drawings and specifications, and as assigned by the Supervisor or Coordinator and provided with a program and setup sheet packet, adjust, operate, and set up CNC lathes, automatic machining centers, and advanced automated machines to perform diversified and difficult operations on work having close and exact tolerances.
- Plan setup procedures and operating sequences, tooling and attachment selections, spindle speeds, tool feed, work piece security methods, and determine all other information necessary to properly program the work and operation of the various products produced.
- Properly set the tooling in the machine, calibrate the tool head to orient the tools and work piece to reference points for operations, using care to ensure proper tool clearances and avoid tool deflection which could affect dimension and finishes or cause tool or machine damage.
- Use a wide range of precision measuring instruments and devices to set up, operate machine, and check work.
- Setup and operate a wide variety of manual machines including saws, drill presses, and engine lathes as required.
- Ensure that all safety guards and interlocks are being utilized.
- Operate disk recording and tape punching equipment used in transferring the program into the machine. Perform those editing functions which are necessary to update existing programs and back up and prove out new programs. Create and update all CNC set up files.
- Assist and train new or novice Machinists as needed.
- Observe all Corporate and departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, depositing chips, and shavings into proper scrap containers and lubricate machines as required and report any malfunctions to the supervisor or coordinator.
- Two Year Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- In an 8-hour day the employee must Stand/Walk 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally use foot/feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls.
- Must bend and reach frequently, and occasionally twist and squat.
- Must perform Light Heavy Work, lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in a factory setting with a large amount of noise and distractions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for occasional activities for this job description:
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Safety goggles or face shield (abrasive disk grinder use).
- Chemical impervious gloves (chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (as required).
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com