JOB TITLE: Material Handler
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – First Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $18.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 73 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment. Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match, Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Welding Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedure, and as assigned by the supervisor, perform a variety of duties.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Operate forklift to transport a variety of parts and materials from one department to another, or from one work station to another. Ensure that loads are stacked properly for safe transportation, pick up load – holding load as closely to the ground as conditions permit – and position load safely and carefully at designated drop-off point.
- Check oil level, battery, and make other routine checks of vehicle daily. Change tanks of propane gas as required. Report any equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Operate forklift in a safe and careful manner. Observe all Corporate safety rules and regulations, including those established for forklift operations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Under the direction of the Welding supervisor perform required duties of the Patz Scrap Metal management System. Including keeping all materials separated into proper categories, weighing loads from scrap metal recycler, and completing all required documentation and routing documents to proper personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including pulling and stocking parts, data entry, stock control, preparation for new work, etc.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hook tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transport load to designated area.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required.
Education/ Experience Requirements Continued:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Education/ Experience Requirements Continued:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Forklift license is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours, sit and drive 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping and fine manipulation, occasionally pushing and pulling.
- Must frequently use foot/feet for repetitive movement as in operation foot controls.
- Must frequently twist, climb, and reach, occasionally bend and squat.
- Must perform Medium Work, lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel Toe Shoes.
- Hearing protection.
- Long work pants.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description Continued:
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Send Company Application to:
Patz Corporation PH: (920) 897-9227
Attn: Human Resources FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 firstname.lastname@example.org