JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Salaried. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 75 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment. Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, your first year of employment. Up to 6% 401k match, Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Engineering Manager
- In accordance with directives received, engage in assignments having to do with product engineering as it relates to the needs of Patz Corporation. Design of new products and improvements to present products in accordance with sound and accepted engineering principles, directives, and controls.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically, or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Using a CAD station, prepare 3D models, layouts or schematics from sketches, specifications, and other engineering reference data. Prepare production prints from models and layouts, showing dimensions, tolerances, and bills of material.
- Work on assembly and installation of prototypes both at plant and on location such as farms, silos, factories, etc. to gain firsthand knowledge of machine uses.
- Utilize sketches and data submitted to formulate and visualize original design concepts, calculate, and check specifications. Establish acceptable tolerances and dimensions not specified to determine requirements as to capacities, operating requirements, material selection, type of construction, etc.
- Provide technical information to the Purchasing Department on matters dealing with procurement of special materials, specifications, available sources, etc. Assume responsibility for approving purchase of materials needed for project completion.
- Work under the direction of Engineer in charge to resolve technical problems. Analyze design concepts as to feasibility of manufacturing and cost. Recommend and implement such technical and design changes as may be applicable to improvement of design, quality, operating performance, reliability and to reduce manufacturing costs, etc.
- In conjunction with manufacturing, provide information and assist in resolving production problems in the area of manufacture.
- Instruct, assist, and check drawings of the CAD Operator assigned to you.
- May provide technical assistance and information having to do with the construction and testing of pilot models. Assist Project Engineer to analyze test results and recommend design modifications to remedy deviations and improve design.
- Prepare Engineering Change Orders and Engineering Projects as needed. Alter drawing to suit the Engineering Change Order or the Engineering Project.
- Responsible for the rough draft production of manuals and assembly instruction of new products. Assist the Technical Illustrator in subsequent proof copies to ensure accuracy.
- May at times be required to undertake more complex assignments as directed by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering; and four years’ experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a CAD system required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
- In an 8-hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours and sit 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, and occasionally pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Light Work, lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree or when it involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Usual work is in an office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in a shop environment or on a farm, etc. with accompanying weather and environmental conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (as needed).
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (as required).
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com