JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineering Technician
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $29.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For over 72 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Engineering Manager
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedures assigned by the Engineering Manager or Project Engineer, to perform a variety of complex duties, including:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Using a CAD station, prepare 3D models, layouts or schematics from sketches, specifications, and other engineering reference data. Prepare production prints from models and layouts, showing dimensions, tolerances, and bills of material.
- Utilize sketches and data submitted to formulate and visualize original design concepts, calculate and check specifications. Establish acceptable tolerances and dimensions not specified to determine requirements as to capacities, operating requirements, material selection, type of construction, etc.
- Work under the direction of Engineer in charge to resolve technical problems. Analyze design concepts as to feasibility of manufacturing and cost. Recommend and implement such technical and design changes as may be applicable to improvement of design, quality, operating performance, reliability and to reduce manufacturing cost, etc.
- Instruct, assist and check drawings of the CAD Operator assigned to you.
- May provide technical assistance and information having to do with the construction and testing of pilot models. Assist Engineer to analyze test results and recommend design modifications to remedy deviations and improve design.
- Prepare Engineering Change Orders and Engineering Projects as needed. Alter drawing to suit the Engineering Change Order or the Engineering Project.
- May at times be required to undertake more complex assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Work on assembly and installation of prototypes both at plant and on location such as farms, silos, factories, etc. to gain firsthand knowledge of machine uses.
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred. Minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Proficiency in use of a CAD system required.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours and sit 6-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, and occasionally pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Light Work, lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree or when it involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Usual work is in an office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in a shop environment or on a farm, etc. with accompanying weather and environmental conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (Material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (Chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (As needed).
- Hard hat (Where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (As required).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com