JOB TITLE: Steel Stores Attendant
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: $15.00 – $21.25 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 75 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment. Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package including, but not limited to two weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, your first year of employment. Up to 6% 401k match, Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Machining/Fabricating Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedure, and as assigned by the supervisor or coordinator, perform a variety of duties.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz
Essential Job Duties:
- Safely operate a 5-ton and 10-ton overhead bridge crane(s) in the loading, unloading and placement of steel sheets, plates, and bar stock to its needed location.
- Use correct lifting attachments and choose proper rigging devices for safe transfer of loads.
- Inspect incoming steel against the blueprint(s) to assure correct sizes and tolerances.
- Working in conjunction with the saw and fabricating operators to plan, arrange and stage steel sheets, plates, or bar stock for maximum through put and minimized down time at work centers.
- Must know how to read blueprints and use basic measuring devices such as: tape measures, veneer calipers, squares, etc.
- Enter received incoming steel into the computer system.
- Maintain inventory for accuracy and adjust as needed.
- Safely operate a forklift.
- Control and maintain scrap levels within the company and call the scrap recyclers as needed.
- Monitor the “Special Waste” program. Store marked waste correctly and coordinate disposal with Machining/Fabricating Supervisor and the Purchasing Department.
- Assist in the hands-on training of new crane operators when needed.
- Stage dirty shop supplies (rags, mats, and rugs) for pickup with the supplier as needed.
- Control and maintain scrap pallet levels within the company and haul out to select site(s) as needed.
- Assist with snow removal duties as needed to ensure access to luger boxes and hoppers areas are clear.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school education.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Forklift license is required.
- In an 8-hour day the employee must Stand/Walk 6-8 hours and sit and drive 1-4 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing, pulling, and occasionally fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally use foot/feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls.
- Must bend frequently, and occasionally twist, squat, and reach.
Physical Demands Continued:
- Must perform Heavy Work, lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in a factory setting with a large amount of noise and distractions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields
- Steel toe shoes
- Hearing protection
- Long work pants
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Safety goggles or face shield (abrasive disk grinder use).
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Chemical impervious gloves (chemical handling).
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Lyndsey Slaski, HR Assistant PH: (920) 897-9237
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com