JOB TITLE: Technical Communications Illustrator Writer
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $26.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 73 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Engineering Manager
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedures and as assigned by the Engineering Manager, perform a variety of technical illustrating/writing duties, including:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Use selected inherent, natural or CAD techniques to create drawings, designs, and illustrations using models, prototypes, blueprints, and other references, or render details from memory, for manuals, posters, displays, catalogues, literature, etc.
- Create illustrations best suited for nature of assignment using CAD station, to produce desired visual effect to conform to printing method specified.
- Use a personal computer and software programs to prepare operators, parts, assembly, and other manuals having to do with corporate products and procedures.
- Compile technical data, illustrations, operating information, etc., organize and formulate material and write required text copy.
- Organize and prepare original materials in proper sequence for editing approval and printing.
- Revise manuals, instructions, etc., to conform to engineering changes and other details.
- Use personally, or direct others in the use of camera equipment to produce photos, and artwork ready for scanning, printing, and other corporate use when needed.
- Use personally, or direct others in the operation of video camera and other video equipment as necessary to produce videos for corporate use, etc.
- Handle all phases of writing and illustrating.
Essential Job Duties Continued:
- Assist in the development of training materials.
- Assist in development of sales manual pages layout and content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work with people meet deadlines and are a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs such tasks deemed necessary by Engineering Manager.
- Preserve legacy documents and information.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Two years technical school training in mechanical design, technical writing or technical illustration preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience.
- General business experience preferred.
- Above average mechanical ability and knowledge to read drawings and technical manuals.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, (Excel, Access, Power Point), Adobe Suite or other desired publishing software like QuarkXpress.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 1-4 hours and sit 4-8 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping and fine manipulation, occasionally pushing and pulling.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Medium Work, lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Usual work is in an office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in a shop environment or on a farm, etc. with accompanying weather and environmental conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (Material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (Chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (As needed).
- Hard hat (Where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (As required).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 firstname.lastname@example.org