JOB TITLE: Technical Support Representative
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – 1st Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $26.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For over 72 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Engineering Manager
- In accordance with directives, policies and controls; provides technical support information to resolve field problems, provide training and/or supply answers to customer questions regarding the installation, use, maintenance, troubleshooting and warranty of equipment, by performing the following duties:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist district representatives, dealers, and their customers relative to technical information, service and warranty problems. Works with the appropriate corporate personnel to see that the customers situation is resolved.
- Document and process information relative to customer needs, i.e., Field Communication Reports, Product News Alerts, Service Bulletins, Warranty etc.
- Review documents and historical data to evaluate quality of products and services for possible improvement.
- Standardize procedures to improve quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for product and service training needs of our District Representatives, Dealers and their customers by providing a variety of educational programs, videos, and materials such as service school, online video, product news alerts, service bulletins and FAQ information, etc.
- Serve as instructor for training courses at locations required to meet customer training needs. Present subject material in front of a group of people in a clear concise manner that is easily understood.
- Administer warranty program following internal procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in development of Sales Manual, Operators and Parts Manual and content.
- Assist in Product development.
Essential Job Duties Continued:
- Field travel to meet customer needs relative to problem resolution, modifications or updates, training, etc. This can include working in physically challenging and dirty work environments performing installation and maintenance activities.
- Analyze problems with products or programs and resolve when possible to prevent recurrence.
- Performs such tasks deemed necessary by the Engineering Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements Continued:
- Technical school training preferred.
- Teaching experience and previous technical support experience preferred.
- Above average mechanical ability and knowledge to read drawings and technical manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and
- General business experience preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Limited travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Valid US passport preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work with people and be a team player.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk, drive 1-4 hours, and sit 4-6 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Light Heavy Work, lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and /or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Usual work is in an office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in a shop environment or on a farm, etc. with accompanying weather and environmental conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (as needed).
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (as required).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com