JOB TITLE: Technical Support
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – First Shift
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements may apply through their immediate supervisor.
Under the direction of and reports to: Engineering Manager
- In accordance with directives, policies and controls; provides product support information to resolve field problems, provide training and/or supply answers to customer questions regarding the installation, use, maintenance, troubleshooting and warranty of equipment, by performing the following duties:
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Administers warranty program.
- Support district representatives, dealers, distributors, O.E.M.’s, and their customers relative to technical information, service and warranty problems.
- Document and process information relative to customer needs, i.e., Field Communication Reports, Product News Alerts, Service Bulletins, Warranty etc.
- Field travel to meet customer needs relative to problem resolution, modifications or updates, training, etc. This would include but not be limited to climbing silos, installing and doing maintenance on heavy equipment that is operating in manure or forages.
- Development of training materials and programs.
- Establish suggested repair parts requirements for new products.
- Assist in development of Product News Alerts, Service Bulletins and FAQ information, etc. to the field.
- Assist in development of sales manual pages layout and content.
- Assist Engineering in the review process of all operators and parts manuals and make recommendations for change.
- Assist sales in the development of specialty AG quotes.
- Analyze problems with products or programs and resolve when possible to prevent recurrence.
- Assist Sales and Marketing at locations required to meet customer training needs. Present subject material in front of a group of people in a clear concise manner that is easily understood.
- Perform such tasks deemed necessary by Engineering Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical school training preferred.
- Teaching experience and previous product support experience preferred.
- Above average mechanical ability and knowledge to read drawings and technical manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and
- General business experience preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Limited travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Valid US passport preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work with people and be a team player.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk, drive 1-4 hours, and sit 4-6 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Must occasionally bend, twist, squat, climb, and reach.
- Must perform Light Heavy Work, lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and /or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Usual work is in an office environment with a low to moderate level of noise. Occasionally working in a shop environment or on a farm, etc. with accompanying weather and environmental conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
Page 3 of 3
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
- Protective gloves (material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (as needed).
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (as required).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.