JOB TITLE: Welder
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – Any shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $25.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For over 72 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Welding Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and/or written instructions, and established procedures, as assigned by the supervisor and/or welding coordinator, perform a variety of duties.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Using either arc or wire welders, maintain settings to produce pieces of desired quality, report any problems with the welding units to supervisor or welding coordinator as soon as problems occur.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and weld symbols.
- Work with the material handlers in setting up the area being worked in, in order for each job to be performed efficiently, keeping in mind ease of getting parts to and from the welding table, or jig, etc.
- As instructed work with less skilled welders and assist in their training.
- Report any problems with parts that are not fitting correctly or if jigs and fixtures are not working out for the job you are working on.
- Perform first and last piece inspections on all orders, check parts during the production run as needed to ensure quality standards are being maintained. Clean and grind as needed.
- Perform both setup and run operations, report any problems with making the part to the supervisor or coordinator.
- Use Lockout-Tagout procedures to shut down any piece of equipment not working properly, and report it to the supervisor right away.
- Report all injuries, cuts, bumps, burns, etc. to the supervisor as soon as they occur.
- Keep up to date on Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and follow prescribed precautions, if anything is not understood contact the supervisor.
- Keep area neat and clean, free of paper, cups, cans, aerosol cans, etc. and report any safety concerns to the supervisor as soon as it is noticed.
- Operate forklift to move parts and set up booth when needed.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required.
- At least one year experience welding or welding course.
- Should be able to read and understand drawings, shop mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to work from detailed instruction.
- Must be able to pass a basic weld test.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 6-8 hours and sit 1-4 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, and occasionally pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must occasionally use foot/feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls.
- Must frequently bend, twist, and reach, and occasionally squat.
- Must perform Medium Work, lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in a factory setting with a large amount of noise and distractions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Hearing protection.
- Long work pants.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Welding helmet (welding activities).
- Protective gloves (when welding & material handling).
- Shaded lens goggles or glasses (torching operations).
- Safety goggles or face shield (abrasive disk grinder use).
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com