JOB TITLE: Coating Specialist
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – First Shift
PAY RANGE: Up to $20.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For 73 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment. Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match, Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Paint/Assembly/Shipping Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and established procedure, and as assigned by the supervisor, perform a variety of duties.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- While properly wearing protective clothing and personal respiratory protective equipment check coatings equipment for proper functioning and adjust as required to produce desired coating pattern. Take position in Coating Booth and coat parts as they move along conveyor line, laying on smooth adequate coating film ensuring complete coverage while keeping coating runs to a minimum. Adjust equipment as needed to compensate for variations of coatings and parts to be coated. Maintain proper dry film thickness for each coating being applied. To maintain clean coating equipment systems, clean out thoroughly prior to each color change. Touchup product in the powder booth, keeping aerosol touchup to a minimum.
- Prepare coating for proper procedures by following coating manufacturer’s requirements. Ensure proper air caps, nozzles, pressure, etc. are being used. Filter screens must be cleaned and maintained.
- Record concentration levels of the washer system, along with titration results. Record coatings and chemical usage and requisition out of inventory. Record information for the coating line energy analysis as well as perform audits as instructed by supervisor and coordinator.
- At specified intervals, add coating materials to system and add cleaning agents and other chemicals to ensure proper functioning of all steps of the metal cleaning process. As directed, store coatings and chemicals in a safe and orderly manner and properly maintain coating storage rooms. Clean and organize coating rooms on a daily basis.
- Clean all coating equipment daily and assist in routine operations necessary to maintain booths and powder rooms in a clean and dirt free condition. Assist in cleanup work in coating booths and around conveyor areas, wearing protective clothing as required. Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Clean respirators as instructions state from the manufacturer and store accordingly.
- Observe all Corporate safety rules and regulations.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 6-8 hours, sit 1-4 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, occasionally pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must frequently bend, twist, squat, and reach, occasionally climb.
- Must perform Light Heavy Work, lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and /or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must pass a yearly medical evaluation and fit test.
- Users must be physically able to test for a negative pressure seal.
- Facial hair must not interfere with the use of respirators.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in a factory setting with a large amount of noise and distractions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times in all manufacturing areas:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Long work pants.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for occasional activities for this job description:
- Locking mechanism.
- ID tag.
- Wear nuisance mask.
- Use respirators or air supplied hoods as instructed.
- Face shield and rubber gloves.
- Hard hat.
- Hearing protection – ear plugs or ear muff.
- Observe all safety rules and Corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Patz Corporation PH: (920) 897-9227
Attn: Human Resources FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 firstname.lastname@example.org