JOB TITLE: Laser/Press Brake Operator
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 – Must be available for any shift.
PAY RANGE: Up to $25.00 per hour. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: For over 72 years, Patz Corporation has been producing Agricultural and Industrial Handling equipment.
Patz values its employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package including, but not limited to: two weeks paid
vacation, nine paid holidays, two personal days, all beginning
the day you start employment. Up to 6% 401k match,
Health/Life/Dental and Cancer Insurance.
Under the direction of and reports to: Machining/Fabricating Supervisor
- Working in accordance with verbal and written instructions and as assigned by the coordinator or supervisor, perform a variety of duties.
- Employee shall not, either during the period of employment or thereafter, except where authorized or directed by Patz in writing, disclose to others either verbally, electronically or otherwise, use for employee’s own benefit, copy, or make notes of any confidential information or trade secrets other than that which is in public knowledge, of or relating to Patz’ business, which may come to employee’s knowledge during employment with Patz.
Essential Job Duties:
- Review dispatch report and determine the proper operating schedule for FMS Laser Cutting System.
- Set up and operate FMS Laser Cutting equipment.
- Make all required adjustments, cleaning and calibrations for efficient laser cutting operations.
- Produce first piece and inspect for proper dimensions using a variety of measuring tools including tape measures, veneer calipers, protractors, squares and micrometers.
- Set up and operate a variety of fabricating machines, which include shears, press brakes, rollers, pipe bending equipment, punch presses, stamping equipment, which may include coil feeding equipment to produce a variety of parts. As required, instruct other operators in the set-up and proper operation of equipment.
- Study drawing and operation sheets provided to determine proper sequence of operations, check material for proper gauge and type, obtain proper dies, unipunches and other cutting and forming devices, use safety guards and work with Steel Stores Attendant or Material Handler to ensure provision of proper material.
- Produce first piece and check for proper dimensions using a variety of measuring instruments, such as steel rule, square, protractor, veneer calipers, micrometers, etc. Responsible for making parts per print specifications.
- Operate and inspect overhead hoists and sheet lifting devices.
- Assist maintenance in the changing and adjusting of shear blades as required.
Essential Job Duties Continued:
- Using a variety of grinding equipment perform grinding and deburring operations.
- Separate drop-off as required, and stack completed pieces on pallet or other container for movement to succeeding operation. Notify supervisor or coordinator of variances from required amount.
- Check machine for proper operation, lubricate as instructed, and report any malfunctions to supervisor or coordinator.
- Observe all Corporate and departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- High School education required.
- In an 8 hour day the employee must stand/walk 6-8 hours and sit 1-4 hours.
- Must frequently use hand(s) for repetitive movement single grasping, pushing and pulling, and occasionally fine manipulation
- Must frequently use foot/feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls.
- Must bend frequently, and occasionally twist, squat, and reach.
- Must perform Heavy Work, lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Located in a factory setting with a large amount of noise and distractions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required at all times for this job description:
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Hearing protection.
- Protective gloves.
- Long work pants.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for occasional activities for this job description:
- Hard hat (where overhead hazards exist).
- Safety goggles or face shield (Abrasive diskgrinder use).
- Protective gloves (Material handling).
- Chemical impervious gloves (chemical handling).
- Hearing protection (as required).
- Observe all safety rules and corporate policies.
Patz Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Send Company Application to:
Mr. Mark Crowley, HR Manager PH: (920) 897-9227
Patz Corporation FAX: (920) 897-3215
PO Box 7, 917 Business 141 N https://patzcorp.com/company/careers/
Pound, WI 54161 email@example.com